CEREC® crowns are a popular dental restoration option for individuals needing to repair a tooth that is in bad shape. These types of crowns offer an array of benefits that traditional crowns cannot bring to the table. Keep reading to learn more about CEREC® dental crowns.Outlined below are a few of the benefits of CEREC…
Same-Day Dentistry: A New Smile Now with Same Day Crowns
Same day crowns are now possible thanks to improved dental technology. This means you can now have a damaged tooth restored during a single visit to your dentist.
The traditional procedure used to install crowns requires at least two visits to a dentist. During the first visit, the patient's tooth or teeth are prepared for the crown and an impression of their mouth is taken. The mold is then sent to a dental lab that makes prosthetics such as crowns.
How same-day crowns change everything
Thanks to same day crowns, patients no longer have to worry about taking time off work or school multiple times. They also do not have to deal with a temporary crown while they wait for their customized crown to be made in a dental lab.
Here is what a typical appointment for a same-day crown looks like:
- The dentist examines the patient's tooth to determine if a crown is the right solution for their problem. Diagnostic tests such as x-rays might be taken to further assess the situation
- The patient's tooth is prepared for the crown. Portions of enamel might be removed to ensure a proper fit
- Digital images of the patient's teeth are taken. The information is passed on to a computer screen that displays a digital image of the patient's teeth
- The dentist will get input from the patient as a customized crown is designed on the monitor. The crown will be color-matched with the patient's real teeth, and it can be customized to meet the patient's tastes
- Once both parties are satisfied, the information is sent to a machine that carves out a prosthetic tooth from a solid block of ceramic. The entire process can take as little as 15 minutes
- The crown is fitted on the patient's tooth to complete the treatment
Why crowns are so popular in dentistry
Crowns are the most versatile dental prosthetic, so it is not much of a surprise that these prosthetics are highly demanded. Crowns can be used to fix teeth that are broken, chipped, deformed or badly stained. They can also remedy gaps between teeth.
In addition, crowns are often combined with other prosthetics. For example, a crown can be attached to a dental implant to serve as an artificial tooth. Crowns are also used to anchor dental bridges.
Same-day crowns have several benefits when compared to traditional ones. Same-day crowns are more convenient for patients. There is less of a need to take time off from scheduled activities. They are also some of the most natural-looking types of crown. The ceramic used to make them has many similarities to real teeth. Additionally, less enamel is removed prior to the installation of same day crowns thanks to the high precision of the digital images used to design the crown itself.
A same-day crown instantly restores your smile
With a same-day crown, you leave the dentist's clinic with your smile fully restored. Call or visit our Covina clinic to learn more about how we can repair your teeth during a single visit.
Here's how you reach us…
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Same Day Dentistry in Covina, CA.
Dental crowns are restorations that can help repair and reinforce your teeth. You may be thinking about getting long-term dental aesthetic enhancement and protection. If you are, you may want to consider getting dental crowns. There are myriad materials available for this type of restoration. Regardless of the number of crowns you want for your…
Dental fillings are a common and necessary dental treatment for treating cavities and preventing additional tooth deterioration. They are fashioned from a variety of materials such as composite resin, porcelain, and gold. In this article, we will look at the advantages of dental fillings and why they are such an important element of maintaining excellent…
It is important to see your general dentistry office twice a year for regular cleanings and checkups and to make sure you do not need any procedures like a root canal. The cleanings will not only remove plaque that is building up on your teeth which reduces tooth decay, but this will also help prevent…